zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Shelley, Ryan" <Ryan.Shel...@disney.com>
Subject Ephemeral Nesting
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 23:38:54 GMT
I know that Ephemeral nodes can't have children, but I was curious if there's been discussion
around this lately, in particular around Ephemerals having only Ephemeral children. So an
ephemeral node will stay active while it's ephemeral children are still connected, but as
soon as the children are gone, the parent ephemeral node goes too. I'm basically doing this
now with a nested persistent nodes and watches on each level so that when children are removed
the watch checks to see how many children are left and deletes the node if there are no more
children. The code for it is a bit heavy-handed and poses some concurrency issues with multiple
clients connected to the zk cluster (since they all may have watches are the same nodes),
which is why it might be cleaner at the server.