zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to delete empty node
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 19:58:09 GMT
Ah, I was thrown by your comment "more often when under load". What
does that mean given your followup?

Can you do a get instead of an "ls". That will allow us to verify the
cversion is the same before/after.

Is this standalone or multiple servers? If the latter are you noticing
only on followers, or on the leader as well?

Patrick

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Shelley, Ryan <Ryan.Shelley@disney.com> wrote:
> There were children previously, yes, but I tried to do the delete well
> after the ephemeral children had been removed. I stopped my services (so
> ephemeral children were removed), did an "ls" which showed the children
> had been removed, try the "delete" which reported an error, then I did a
> "get" just to show the node and that it's reporting 0 children. No
> services were running against ZK while I tried the delete as I had stopped
> them all.
>
> On 3/9/12 11:43 AM, "Patrick Hunt" <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Timing? Perhaps by the time you get around to doing the get the child
>>has been removed, but one/more exist at the time you do the delete.
>>Notice the cversion is 38 in this case (so there were children at one
>>point).
>>
>>Patrick
>>
>>On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Shelley, Ryan <Ryan.Shelley@disney.com>
>>wrote:
>>> Has anyone had an issue attempting to delete an empty node (zk 3.4.3):
>>>
>>> [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 252] ls /streams/foo
>>> []
>>> [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 253] delete /streams/foo
>>> Node not empty: /streams/foo
>>> [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 254] get /streams/foo
>>>
>>> cZxid = 0x245f
>>> ctime = Thu Mar 08 18:36:12 PST 2012
>>> mZxid = 0x245f
>>> mtime = Thu Mar 08 18:36:12 PST 2012
>>> pZxid = 0x27c0
>>> cversion = 38
>>> dataVersion = 0
>>> aclVersion = 0