zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forcing DISCONNECTED event?
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:57:23 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM, JL <julio.lopez@lycos.com> wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2012, JL <julio.lopez@lycos.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Patrick.
>
>> This is the c client? (In java I know we have a zk subclass that provides this.)
>
> This is Java.  Could you point me to the ZK subclass that provides this functionality?
 I may or may not be able to use it without tearing things apart too much as I am using ZK
through Curator.

org.apache.zookeeper.TestableZooKeeper.testableConnloss()

>> Perhaps an easier way would be to simulate Server failure -  e.g. start a quroum
of 3 servers, Have your client connect, then shutdown the server that the client connected
to. The client will be disconnected and reconnect to one of the remaining 2 servers.

> The 3-server quorom approach seems like the way to go for us, as we can easily set up
a ZK cluster for testing (thanks again to curator-test).  I'll give that a try.

That's what we often do in zk testing itself. It better simulates what
happens in the real world. Curator is the bees knees.

> Thanks for the quick response,

NP. Regards.

Patrick