zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forcing DISCONNECTED event?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 06:06:37 GMT
This is the c client? (In java I know we have a zk subclass that
provides this.) You can use jmx on the server, there is a
terminateConnection method. Perhaps an easier way would be to simulate
Server failure -  e.g. start a quroum of 3 servers, Have your client
connect, then shutdown the server that the client connected to. The
client will be disconnected and reconnect to one of the remaining 2
servers. Our zk tests do this.

Patrick

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM, JL <julio.lopez@lycos.com> wrote:
> Is there a way of forcing the ZK client to go into CONNECTING state after having reached
the CONNECTED state, but without killing the session?
> We are aware of the FAQ entry for "Is there an easy way to expire a session for testing?",
but that does not achieve what we want as it kills the session.