zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting data after the watch
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 19:27:25 GMT
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Amirhossein Kiani <amirhkiani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks Patrick for pointing me to the new documentation. I just found the other
one from Google somehow.

No problem.

> So what I think is happening is actually impossible: to do getData() on a node and see
the OLD data. in other words, I do not need to loop on a getData() to get the actual new data
after being notified about the data change.
> The reason that I'm saying that is that's the behavior I'm seeing in my code, but it
might be just a bug on my side...

Sounds like. Keep in mind that there might be multiple changes btw the
time the notification fires and when your getData runs on the server.
Perhaps someone's changing it back? :-)

Patrick