zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Amirhossein Kiani <amirhki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are curator framework consumers single threaded?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:59:34 GMT
Thanks JZ!  So for using the Executor in the PathChildrenCache, how does that work? Because
previously I had the logic in the listener. Who will run the executor and how do I get the
info about the changed node there?

Cheers,
Amir

On Mar 6, 2012, at 12:02 AM, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:

> The ListenerContainer for PathChildrenCache allows you to pass an Executor along with
your listener. So, that will give you the desired behavior. DistributedQueue is _supposed_
to allow this as well, but it looks like it doesn't. I view that as a bug. If you don't mind,
please post an issue on this here:

> https://github.com/Netflix/curator/issues
>
> -JZ

and it is amazingly simplifying my code!

> I have just ran into this issue recently that I am using a Distributed Queue, a Path
Cache and a Distributed Double Barrier in my code, and having some difficulties. I'm trying
to run everything with the test framework Curator provides and it seems like when I enter()
the barrier in one of my objects the other one (that is using a different client) is also
blocked.
> Is there a way to have the Queue consumer object as well as Event listeners for the Path
Cache start in new threads?