zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Amirhossein Kiani <amirhki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting data after the watch
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 21:58:51 GMT
Hmm... I tried testing the idea that if I call the getData() on updated node in the watcher's
process() method I'll get the updated data.
I created a watcher class that keeps track of the values it's receiving and in my test I sequentially
set 10000 values on the node. I do see that some times I'm getting the OLD VALUE.

I wonder if the way I'm setting the data or getting it is incorrect.

Here are the main files in my test:
https://gist.github.com/1961660

You can run my test by running "mvn test" in the maven project attached.

Many thanks for your help!
Amir

On Mar 2, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Patrick Hunt wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Amirhossein Kiani <amirhkiani@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many thanks Patrick for pointing me to the new documentation. I just found the other
one from Google somehow.

> No problem.
>
>> So what I think is happening is actually impossible: to do getData() on a node and
see the OLD data. in other words, I do not need to loop on a getData() to get the actual new
data after being notified about the data change.
>> The reason that I'm saying that is that's the behavior I'm seeing in my code, but
it might be just a bug on my side...