zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Christian Ziech <christian.zi...@nokia.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper on short lived VMs and ZOOKEEPER-107
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:01:06 GMT
Just a small addition: In my opinion the patch could really boil down to
add a

    quorumServer.electionAddr = new
    InetSocketAddress(electionAddr.getHostName(), electionAddr.getPort());

in the catch(IOException e) clause of the connectOne() method of the
QuorumCnxManager. In addition on should perhaps make the electionAddr
field in the QuorumPeer.QuorumServer class volatile to prevent races.

I haven't checked this change yet fully for implications but doing a
quick test on some machines at least showed it would solve our use case.
What do the more expert users / maintainers think - is it even
worthwhile to go that route?

--
*NOKIA*
*Christian Ziech*

Nokia gate5 GmbH, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Amtsgericht
Charlottenburg: HRB 106443 B, Steuernr.: 37/222/20817, ID/VAT-Nr.: DE
812 845 193, Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori