zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Joe Gamache <jgama...@team345.com>
Subject Newbie design question
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:58:47 GMT
Hello folks,

I skimmed the archives, but couldn't find a way to search them, does
that exist?

So I am new to zookeeper and was hoping to get some early guidance.  The
first little part of what I need to implement is fairly
straight-forward.  I have a list of requests.  Each request needs to be
issued out to a different machine and monitored.   Ok, it's very
straight-forward!  :)  There are no dependencies between these jobs.
There is to another set of jobs, but I don't have to deal with that for
this first step.  There will probably be on the order of fifty
machines.   Looking over the documentation and examples, it seems like I
can just use a Queue, Executor, and Monitor....

My question is do I need/want zookeeper on all of the nodes or just 3,5,
or 7 (as an ensemble)?   Is there a known tradeoff between the two
approaches - all nodes or small subset?

Sorry if this or similar questions have already been asked, but thanks
for any pointers.

Joe