zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Carroll, Jim" <Jim.Carr...@navteq.com>
Subject Question about watcher guarantees
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:06:52 GMT

I found two places in the documentation that explain that I can miss change events in watchers
due to the "one-time" nature of set watches. This makes sense. However, some of the examples
(e.g. Barrier) assume that at least the default watcher will never miss a change event.

Can I safely make that assumption about the default watcher?

If so, can I use the "path" information to avoid the "flood" of clients getting the current
state of the node hierarchy? For example, if I assume I wont miss any events in the main watcher
and I get a NodeCreated event with the path, can I simply update my client with that information
and assume I'm up to date? This would run contrary to the answer provided for the FAQ question
with the label "Why doesn't the NodeChildrenChanged and NodeDataChanged watch events return