zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From lgeretti <luca.gere...@gmail.com>
Subject Ephemeral deletion order
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:25:18 GMT
I noticed that if a client A creates several ephemeral znodes (either
sequential or not) under a common parent, and another client B has set
watches for all of them, when A disconnects I receive a seemingly arbitrary
(but constant for the same set of znodes) WatchEvent sequence. The sequence
is neither the same as that returned when listing the children, nor the
sequence of creation.
Can someone confirm me that the order of removal of ephemeral znodes is
practically undefined? (..at least in a user-sensible way; I imagine that
the order is driven by hashes in the persistence layer).

Thanks!