zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Bill Vochatzer <wvochat...@gmail.com>
Subject Server to server encrypted communication
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:38:08 GMT
Greetings Zookeepers,

I'm new to the Zookeeper world and I'm excited about using it in my
projects.

I'm interested in deploying Zookeeper servers over a WAN and the
requirements of the system would need to enforce the communication between
the Zookeeper servers to be encrypted.
I've scoured the documentation around the interwebs.  If I understand what
I read, currently Zookeeper does not support inter-server encryption
(SSL/TLS).

I'm curious to your insights on a few things:
1) Did I understand correctly that there is not support for inter-server
encryption?

   1a) Assuming I understood, in current experience has this been a problem
for anyone and what might be done to make it work (i.e. SSL tunnel)?

2) Does the addition of netty in 3.4 offer some implementation of this
feature?  I couldn't quite figure it out from the documentation.

3) I notice that there is a jira issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1000) open regarding this
subject.  Is there a road map on a future enhancement?

Thanks for your time

Regards
Billy V