zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment planning question
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 07:23:44 GMT
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Jason Harmon <jh033q@att.com> wrote:

> My preference, of course, would be to have three datacenters...if one is
> partitioned off, zookeeper would not respond, which would be perfect. In
> that scenario, our other two would still be up and running in the other two
> datacenters.

Sure.  But there is likely to be some residue of clients who are
partitioned off with the minority side of the fence.  Depending on your
application, this can often be made to work well.

Of course I only have two, and I can't host anything externally due to
> corporate security restrictions. It sure would be nice for a smaller-scale
> deployment to just have a simple mirrored option, as opposed to the
> mandatory 3 server/quorum requirement.

You can do that.  Just define the mirror as an observer.