zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Niraj Tolia <nto...@maginatics.com>
Subject Re: Unit Testing ZooKeeper Based Application
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:57:19 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM, John Sirois <john.sirois@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmerman@netflix.com>wrote:
>
>> Curator provides an in-memory ZooKeeper Server and ZooKeeper Cluster:
>>
>> <dependency>
>>    <groupId>com.netflix.curator</groupId>
>>    <artifactId>curator-test</artifactId>
>>    <version>1.1.2</version>
>> </dependency>
>>
>> https://github.com/Netflix/curator/tree/master/curator-test/src/main/java/c
>> om/netflix/curator/test
>>

>> On 2/21/12 3:31 PM, "Amirhossein Kiani" <amirhkiani@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi ZooKeeper users,
>> >
>> >I was wondering if there is a correct way of writing unit tests for a
>> >ZooKeeper application. I have looked at Twitter's tests but have been
>> >unable to get them to work... I was wondering if there is a more generic
>> >way of creating the in-process ZooKeeper server for testing.
>>

> Jordan's stuff looks good - so if it works for you I'd switch.  But I would
> be interested in a bug report - what issues are you seeing? (we
> use com.twitter.common#zookeeper-testing widely internally).

Hi John,

A little late to this thread but I too switched away from Twitter
Common's ZK libraries to Curator. With respect to this thread, the
last problem I ran into was that common's zookeeper-testing is
incompatible with ZooKeeper 3.4.x because NIOServerCnxn.Factory moved
to NIOServerCnxnFactory.

Cheers,
Niraj