zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jason Harmon <jh0...@att.com>
Subject RE: Deployment planning question
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 20:44:38 GMT
This is a very interesting design I had not considered. I'm going to discuss this with the
team on Monday and see how it might fit our requirements.
Thanks a bunch for all the input, this is very helpful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Reed [mailto:breed@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 6:20 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Deployment planning question

yes this is correct. we have sites that do cross data center coordination by basically partitioning
the data. the coordination data that pertains to data center 1 will have a set of machines
all in data center 1 and perhaps an observer in data center 2, but all changes to that data
will be done exclusively in data center 1. then another set of machines is setup in data center
2, with an observer or two in data center 1. if you can partition your coordination data that
way, then this setup should work pretty well for you.

ben