zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jason Harmon <jh0...@att.com>
Subject Deployment planning question
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 21:01:21 GMT
We are planning a ZooKeeper deployment, but are struggling with some aspects of our current
architecture. We have two data centers; most applications use load balancing between the two
data centers to ensure redundancy for disaster recovery etc. ZooKeeper has been challenging
for us, because we can't quite figure out how to structure our servers. We aren't starting
with lots of clients, so 3 servers should be a good fit initially. However, if we put two
servers in one datacenter, and one server in the other, we're setup for a quorum failure if
we have a power outage at the datacenter with two boxes.
Short of setting up a third data center for our division, what options do we have for deploying
ZooKeeper effectively, with disaster recovery in mind etc.
Thanks!

Jason Harmon
Senior Software Architect