zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Mekaraj, Prashant" <Prashant.Meka...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ZooKeeper 3.4.3.
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:58:54 GMT
Hi Mahadev,
Thanks for the confirmation. We are testing 3.4.2 internally and will provide feedback if
we find any issues, but we did not want to upgrade our production deployment until the community
regards this as production.

Also, is there a way for a version to be officially tagged as beta or prod when it is released
?

-prashant

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahadev Konar [mailto:mahadev@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 14 February 2012 18:15
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ZooKeeper 3.4.3.

Prashant,
 We have marked this release as beta. I think it needs a little more time before it gets marked
stable. We'd really appreciate some feedback/testing from our users like you to get to a stable
release of
3.4 branch. Would you be willing to try it out and see how it works for you?

Mahadev Konar
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Mekaraj, Prashant <Prashant.Mekaraj@morganstanley.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the release. Can we consider 3.4 out of beta now or do you recommend we wait
further ?

> Regards,
> -prashant

exposes common services - such as naming, configuration management, synchronization, and group
services - in a simple interface so you don't have to write them from scratch. You can use
it off-the-shelf to implement consensus, group management, leader election, and presence protocols.
And you can build on it for your own, specific needs.

> For ZooKeeper release details and downloads, visit:
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/releases.html
>
> ZooKeeper 3.4.3 Release Notes are at:
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.3/releasenotes.html
>
> We would like to thank the contributors that made the release possible.
>
> Regards,
> The ZooKeeper Team

> ----
> NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views
contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning
of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have
received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify
the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing.