zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmer...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: Connections take longer in 3.4.x?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 00:26:29 GMT
These are highly contrived scenarios. They all involve unit tests and the
jerry-rigged TestingServer that I use for Curator
(https://github.com/Netflix/curator/blob/master/curator-test/src/main/java/
com/netflix/curator/test/TestingServer.java).

>How much longer?
It turns out that I had a number of tests that (incorrectly) were not
waiting for SysConnected. I had to add in a wait (Curator's
blockUntilConnectedOrTimedOut()). So, the implication is that when using
ZK 3.3.x SysConnected for my unit tests was nearly instantaneous and now
it takes more than a few milliseconds.

>Under load or just generally slower.
No load at all. These are just unit tests, 1 or 2 connections.

>jdk versions change?
java version "1.6.0_29" (Apple)

-JZ