zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Berk D. Demir" <...@mindcast.org>
Subject Re: maven-metadata in Maven Central still points to 3.3.1
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:44:01 GMT
On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Mahadev Konar <mahadev@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Berk,
>  We dont use nexus to upload the maven artifacts. Here's how we do it:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToRelease
> (take a look at the publishing section).
>
> I am not sure how to fix the maven metadata but if you someone knows
> the way, Ill be happy to do that.

On the URL you sent, scroll down to Maven section.
Seems like since 3.3.2 to today, only steps 1, 2 and 3 were done but
4, 5, 6 were skipped.

I'm attaching the fixed maven-metadata.xml.

Notice it does NOT list 3.4.0 because apparently it's not a stable
release yet. Maven may be the most complex build system in entire
solar system but still needs tremendous hand holding when specifying
dependency version ranges and there's still no clean way to enforce
release-only versions.

Anyway, now anyone declaring version range dependencies like [3.3.0,)
in their POM, they will be able to get 3.3.4. When you 3.4.0 is
considered to be a stable release.

You may ask, what if someone wants to test very latest version (3.4.0
currently) in their project? It won't work with Maven. Suggested
method is to release it as a snapshot to a snapshots only repository
with -SNAPSHOT appended to the version name. Maven will not pull
-SNAPSHOT versions from remote repositories automatically.

Thanks,