zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From 朱晨杰 <zcj0...@gmail.com>
Subject zookeeper ephemeral node expired time not accurate
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:32:22 GMT
Hi, everyone:
    I have done some tests and find that the expired time of ephemeral node
is not accurate. I set my connection's timeout to be "10s" when connecting
to zookeeper. Then I create an ephemeral node. I start another application
set watch on this ephemeral node. When I close the first connection, the
watch will be triggered and I got the message. I compare the time when I
close the connection and the time when I got the message reporting the
disappearance of the ephemeral node, I find it's always not 10 seconds.
Most of the situation, it will be less than 10 seconds, about 8, or 7, even
6 seconds. Can anyone tell me why this happen? I want to figure out how
does zookeeper decide a connection expire. Thanks

--
Zhu Chenjie
Zhejiang University, China