zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running zookeeper on multiple EC2 instances
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 07:49:05 GMT
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Aniket Chakrabarti
<chakraba@cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
> I'm testing the latency with different ratio of read/write request mix with
> different sized ensemble. 15 is the max ensemble size I will test.

Interesting experiment. Make sure you take a look at the setup scripts
in Whirr.

Also you may need to change them to optimise the deployment for performance:

* use different disks / EBS volumes for snapshots and transaction log
* OR use a tmpfs for both

Just some ideas. I would love to see the results.