zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Yuhan Zhang <yzh...@onescreen.com>
Subject how to set the starting value of the created sequence?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 03:10:23 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to create a distributed unique int key with zookeeper sequential
by:
     String file = zooKeeper.create( folderPath + "/0", new byte[0],
Ids.OPEN_ACL_UNSAFE, CreateMode.EPHEMERAL_SEQUENTIAL);
     String sequence = file.substring(file.lastIndexOf("/")+1);
zooKeeper.delete(file, 0);
     int id = Integer.parseInt( sequence );

It works fine, even though the sequence number may not be adjacent.
However, I'd like to have the key to start at a certain value,
say 1000, as the ids under 1000 has been in use. Currently I will have to
call this function until it generates an id greater than 1000. Is there a
way in zooKeeper to set the starting value of the created sequence?

Thank you.

Yuhan