zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jérémie BORDIER <jeremie.bord...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing session state handling in most Leader Election implementations
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:00:27 GMT
@Patrick: Well, there seems to already be a JIRA (see my original
message) opened for this particular issue on the LES recipe, but the
provided patch looks really way too complex to me. It makes the recipe
really unreadable, while the leader election principle with ephemeral
nodes is fairly simple.

Thanks anyway for your kindness, If I have time I'll give a shot at
providing another patch :-)

@Ted: Thanks for your suggestion. I'm a little bit concerned about
setting very aggressive session timeout because our scenario is cross
data center.

Jérémie

--
Jérémie 'ahFeel' BORDIER