zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setting zookeeper heap size
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:47:22 GMT
It changed "recently":
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/6u18-142093.html

"The default maximum heap size is half of the physical memory up to a
physical memory size of 192 megabytes and otherwise one fourth of the
physical memory up to a physical memory size of 1 gigabyte. "
"Server JVM heap configuration ergonomics are now the same as the
Client, except that the default maximum heap size for 32-bit JVMs is 1
gigabyte, corresponding to a physical memory size of 4 gigabytes, and
for 64-bit JVMs is 32 gigabytes, corresponding to a physical memory
size of 128 gigabytes."

Patrick