zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Van Acker <cyberroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper leadership election example application
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:28:12 GMT
Thanks for the suggestions,
I've implemented your first two suggestions, just a couple of questions
about the other ones:

> * All ZooKeeper operations should be in some kind of retry loop. The
> client can lose connection to a given server but successfully reconnect to
> another one in the cluster.
>
> I thought this retry happend via process(WatchedEvent event) where the
event.getType() == Watcher.Event.EventType.None
and
event.getState() == SyncConnected
I catch this in NodeMonitor.processNoneEvent() where I try to create the
client znode again on reconnecting

> * When creating the Znode, it can succeed on the server but fail to return
> the result to the client. On a Disconnect/Session exception, you should
> retry and then call getChildren and search for your node.
>
> I'm creating the Znodes as ephemeral nodes, would a disconnect not result
in the disappearance of the Znode and therefore getChildren would never
contain the client Znode?

Cheers,

Olivier