zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: If i update my conf/zoo.cfg config, must i restart my zk server?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:16:21 GMT
To expand on that FAQ, the detailed process should be to

- configure the new servers

- update the configuration on the old servers

- restart each old server one at a time

- start the new servers

- have your applications reconnect with the full set of servers in the
connection string.  This can be done whenever you like.

Your clients will receive a disconnect message when the server that they
are talking to is restarted, but they should reconnect immediately and
transparently.  You may have a problem if your applications don't handle
transient disconnections properly.