zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmer...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper leadership election example application
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 06:17:47 GMT
A few comments:

* NodeMonitor.createRootIfNotExists() should catch NodeExists. In the case
of multiple clients, this is a possibility.

* I'd add a start method and create the ZooKeeper instance there. This
gives users a chance to set a listener so as to receive all messages.

* All ZooKeeper operations should be in some kind of retry loop. The
client can lose connection to a given server but successfully reconnect to
another one in the cluster.

* When creating the Znode, it can succeed on the server but fail to return
the result to the client. On a Disconnect/Session exception, you should
retry and then call getChildren and search for your node.

-JZ