zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmer...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: Missing session state handling in most Leader Election implementations
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 00:56:46 GMT

On 11/13/11 4:45 PM, "Jérémie BORDIER" <jeremie.bordier@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello Jordan,
>
>Thanks a lot for your answer. I tried to figure out where the handling
>of Disconnected / Expired takes place, but so far I understood that to
>have notifyClientClosing() called from the Lock, an exception needs to
>be raised from somewhere. LockInternal may throw a

I think I spoke too soon! You are right that an exception would need to
get thrown. Curator will notice the disconnection but the client
application would have to do some kind of ZK operation in order to find
out about it. This is a good find.

I guess I could punt and say that, like checking for an interrupted
thread, it's the user's responsibility to periodically check
CuratorZookeeperClient.isConnected(). But this might be too much to ask
considering my goal with Curator is to alleviate users of doing these
kinds of things. I need to think more about thisŠ

-JZ