zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Aniket Chakrabarti <chakr...@cse.ohio-state.edu>
Subject Question regarding the maximum number of ZNODES a zookeeper
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:14:52 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to load a huge matrix(100,000 by 500) to my zookeeper
instance. Each element of the matrix is a ZNODE and value of each
element is a digit(0-9).

But I'm only able to load around 1000 x 500 nodes. Zookeeper is throwing
an error after that. Mostly it is throwing a "-5" error code which is a
marshalling/unmarshalling error. I'm using the perl interface of the
zookeeper.

My question is: Is there a limit to the maximum number of ZNODES a
zookeeper instance can hold or this is limited by the system memory?

Any pointers on how to avoid the error would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Aniket Chakrabarti
PhD student
The Ohio State University