zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting clear on which version of zookeeper to use … and what to deploy for a production environment.
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:25:12 GMT
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Jim Mochel <jim.mochel.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> The good news: Zookeeper looks to be a answer to a significant set of design
> issues we need to resolve.
>
> The bad news: From where I stand it's unclear which is the real zookeeper
> and how it can be effectively deployed in a production environment.

See our download page for the most recent version (3.3.3):
http://zookeeper.apache.org/releases.html#download

There's also the news section for history on releases:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/releases.html#news

> Specifically I have encountered several versions of zookeeper in the maven
> repositories:

<snip>

ZK recently moved to TLP as such the location of the mvn repo changed,
you can find 3.3.2/3.3.3 here:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/

Details in the README if you d/l 3.3.3, also available from the source tree:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/zookeeper/branches/branch-3.3/README.txt?revision=1038823&view=markup

> Can anyone tell me:
>
> 1. What is the most stable and definitive zookeeper implementation?

3.3.3 currently

> 2. What is JMX is used for within zookeeper ?

Monitoring.

> 3. What is and isn't required for the use of the client library?

Just log4j  (take a look at ivy.xml).

Regards,

Patrick