zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pzxid field in stat structure
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:19:12 GMT
the pzxid from the users point of view is purely informational.
internally we use it to figure out if we need to trigger watches on
reconnect.

both the pzxid and the cversion are updated when adding or removing children.

ben

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good question.
>
> One thought is that you can use the multi for this except that I don't know if the parent
version changes when adding or removing a child.  On the other hand you could also update
the content of the parent in the same multi to free the version update.