zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Will Johnson <willjohnsonsea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ANN: Curator - Netflix's ZooKeeper library
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:29:39 GMT
Jordan,

I wanted to chime in and say that we ended up writing a similar library for
our application.  For example we have a BreakableLock that implements
java.util.concurrent.Lock but requires you to provide a BrokenLockListener
implementation. Naming aside it looks pretty similar to your implementaion
with the ClientClosingListener.  We also have similar code for dealing with
path creation, retry etc.   In order to deal with watches we defined a
Reconnectable interface that users can implement.  These reconnectables
are added to a client and called on session expiration or other catastrophic
client failures.  This gives users a clean way to reestablish their watches
and reset internal state while centralizing all of the error handling.

When we get around to refactoring or expanding our code base we'll
definitely take a look at using Curator.  If nothing else it makes us feel
good that someone else solved a lot of the same problems in a similar
fashion.

- will