zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Camille Fournier <cami...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANN: Curator - Netflix's ZooKeeper library
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:00:25 GMT
My first reaction to the code, also at a high-level browse, was that it is
way over-complicated. Might just be the builder style, which I also don't
care for. I had to go several levels deep through interfaces and impls to
see the code that does anything of meaning, which makes for a high learning
curve and a debugging headache.

So, it's not clear to me why anyone would use this over zkClient, except
that you have provided a pluggable retry style, which is nice. Any other
major benefits I'm missing from a scan?