zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Damu R <damu.devn...@gmail.com>
Subject zookeeper cluster spanning datacenters
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:50:06 GMT
Hi,
I would like to know the downsides of having a zookeeper cluster that spans
multiple datacenters. The requirement is a datacenter failure should not
bring down the zookeeper cluster. From my understanding it is not possible
to have a hot/cold cluster kind of setup possible. So we are thinking of
putting zk servers in 3 colos(1+1+1 or 2+2+3). One of the major drawback I
could think of is the throughput of the system affected by latency. The
system does not require high throughput and can accept some latency. How
much effect will the latency have on the throughput of the system? What are
the other downsides of spreading the cluster across datacenters?

Regards
Damu