zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Vishal Kher <vishalm...@gmail.com>
Subject Client-side changes to retrieve server configuration
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:02:56 GMT
Hi,

With dynamic reconfiguration of ZooKeeper servers, ZooKeeper clients
need a way to determine the most up-to-date server list. I have
uploaded the proposal for these changes at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ClientClusterMembership.
The
prior version of this draft was also reviewed by Ben and Alex.

The initial plan is to have a simple mechanism in the client to
retrieve the new server list from a URL, or for applications that want
to implement their own mechanism, provide a method to set the server
list.

Please let me know if you have any comments/suggestions.

Thanks.
-Vishal