zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Rothfeder <jamie.rothfe...@gmail.com>
Subject When to reestablish watches?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 20:54:57 GMT
Hey All,

I have a zookeeper client who is connected to a server in a zookeeper
ensemble. The client has created some watches, I can see these watches if I
run "echo wchp | nc <servername> <serverport>". When I shutdown that server,
the client will automatically connect to another server in the ensemble,
will receive WatchedEvent state:Disconnected and WatchedEvent
state:SyncConnected. However, the watches are not migrated to the new server
and are lost. Is this the expected behavior? I was under the impression that
watches are not removed on Disconnected and SyncConnected events, am I
wrong?

Thanks,
Jamie