zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: An interesting problem removing a key
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 06:37:50 GMT
Ben,
 I dont think I fully understand the use case. Is it possible that you
can register a different callback for that key?

Something like:

zk.exists(String path, Watcher watcher)

where you can register a different watcher for this path?

Would this work?

mahadev

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Ben Hall <ben@zynga.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have an interesting problem use case that we wanted to ping the group about.
>
> We have a Key on all of our Ensemble servers.  All of our clients are also subscribed
to this key.  We want to remove the key from the ensemble servers without this action getting
propagated down to the clients.  Or if it does get propagated down - at a minimum we do not
want to watch callback function to be called.

> Is there a way to in essence sever the watches from the server perspective without the
client knowing?

> We are investing looking into the hidden keys on the zookeeper servers that hold the
list of watches and possibly editing that key.  has anyone done that before?  Do we know
what happens when that key is edited manually?