zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upper bound on znode entries?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 18:23:52 GMT
There is a bound based on maximum response size.  This typically kicks in
somewhere above 100,000 entries in a directory.

If you stay in the tens of thousands or below and have reasonable znode name
lengths, you should be fine.

Degradation with designs like the one you propose typically comes from
causing broadcast storms of ever increasing object sizes.  Thus, you need to
be cautious about having all clients watch a directory that all clients
register in.