zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ephemerals on ZK failure
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 00:36:17 GMT
If the reconnection is done before the session expires, the ephemeral is
never deleted.

If the session expires either due to time when disconnected or because the
ZK servers are all taken down, then the ephemeral is deleted when the server
decides the session has expired and the client is notified of the session
expiration as soon as possible.  Ephemerals are never brought back after the
session expires.

Note that taking down one ZK server of many will just cause a very short
disconnect.  If even one ZK server stays up, the session and the ephemeral
can survive although a quorum will have to be re-established soon to
preserve the session.