zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Bill <b...@dehora.net>
Subject upper bound on znode entries?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:54:15 GMT
Hi,

[I had a quick look around and couldn't find any guidance on this]

I was wondering how Zookeeper behaves as the number of entries under a
znode increases. Specifically I'm looking at a design that tracks which
servers in a cluster have loaded which search index files into their
memory, and this would involve a znode folder that keeps an
index->server mapping as indexes come and go. I have a sense that's
going to degrade as the number of loaded indexes increases but was
wondering what typically is considered a sane upper bound of entries
under a znode (ie is it hundreds, thousands, hundreds of zillions) or is
there some other naturally limiting factor?

Bill