zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Kapil Thangavleu <kapil.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use a RAM database to store zookeeper data
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 14:37:17 GMT
Excerpts from PADIOU Pierre-Marie (MORPHO)'s message of Fri Sep 09 04:50:19 -0700 2011:
> Hello,
>
> Suppose I've got only < live > data in zookeeper, but I want high write throughput.
Is there any issue with using /dev/shm to store zookeeper data? (Assuming datalogs are properly
cleaned up)

> Has anyone ever done that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pierre-Marie

I occasionally do something similiar for running large test suites. a tmpfs
mount for the data dirs, and /dev/null for log4j. Keep in mind zk is already
keeping data in memory, so ram usage is at least 2x data set size with this.

cheers,

Kapil