zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbara...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Database support
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:09:47 GMT
Mahadev,
             There are couple of reasons:
a) We want to use our Web GUI to create/update/delete the data. (which is basically our own
internal configuration information) This helps our operation team don't have to use any external
tool for handling ZK data.
b)We have to run separate file servers for this particular usage. If it's in database, it's
easy to extend our web gui and then use the existing mechanism for the data backup.

Best,
-Uday.

________________________________
From: Mahadev Konar <mahadev@hortonworks.com>
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org; Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbarayan@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: zookeeper connection loss exception occurs on new created ZooKeeper instance
too much,why?

Uday,
I dont see why you'd want to do that? For security you could run ZK
as a user only which can access the data/snapshot dir for the ZK
servers. I am not sure how putting it in database would make it more
secure?

thanks
mahadev

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Uday Subbarayan
<uday.subbarayan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mahadev,
>             I mean the data that we store in ZK is currently persisted in a file
system. The config file has the location and ZK stores the data in that location. For security
reasons, we are wondering whether we can store our data in a database?