zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Damu R <damu.devn...@gmail.com>
Subject zookeeper data backup
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:30:09 GMT
Hi,
I am in the process of setting up regular backup of zookeeper data
directory. Is there any documentation available on the recommended
tool/method or issues to be aware of? Some of by doubts are:
1. what is the recommended frequency of backup? is there any case where
zookeeper may decide to get a complete data dump instead of using the latest
snapshot and replaying transactions?
2. from my understanding after reading the zookeeper administration guide,
zookeeper starts a fuzzy snapshot after a configured number of operations.
for backing up we need to take the latest snapshot and the transaction log
file. how do you avoid copying the snapshot when zookeeper is in the process
of writing the snapshot file itself?

It would be helpful if you can provide me some pointers on the possible
solutions.

Regards
Damu