zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Damu R <damu.devn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper data backup
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:06:00 GMT
Thanks Ted.

You might want to investigate using an observer or non-voting ZK instance as
> a backup mechanism.  This would not upset your quorum since that machine
> would not participate in leader elections or in getting a quorum for
> commits.  It would give you very current backups.

This is my current line of though too. Even in that case there is a
possibility of having a incomplete snapshot if the backup script kicks in
when zookeeper is still writing its snapshot? Is there any way to identify
and avoid this?

Regards
Damu