zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: anyone familiar with the zookeeper perl client?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:14:14 GMT
Perhaps the client is failing while writing the request? (that's what
the eof seems to indicate) Does the server side exception always look
the same? What is going on in the client? (version? OS?, etc...?)

Patrick

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Fournier, Camille F.
<Camille.Fournier@gs.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We keep seeing issues that we believe are related to the ZK Perl client. Occasionally,
our users of this client will have strange errors that show up on the server as corrupted
request buffers:

> 2011-08-12 08:01:16,602 - ERROR [CommitProcessor:4:FinalRequestProcessor@347] - Failed
to process sessionid:0x5319dd2bf3403f4 type:exists cxid:0x0 zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown
reqpath:n/a
> java.io.EOFException
>        at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:180)
>        at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:152)
>        at org.apache.jute.BinaryInputArchive.readString(BinaryInputArchive.java:82)
>        at org.apache.zookeeper.proto.ExistsRequest.deserialize(ExistsRequest.java:55)
>        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer.byteBuffer2Record(ZooKeeperServer.java:599)
>        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.FinalRequestProcessor.processRequest(FinalRequestProcessor.java:227)
>        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Leader$ToBeAppliedRequestProcessor.processRequest(Leader.java:540)
>        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.CommitProcessor.run(CommitProcessor.java:73)
> 2011-08-12 08:01:16,602 - ERROR [CommitProcessor:4:FinalRequestProcessor@354] - Dumping
request buffer: 0x504150ffffffff

> This caused a DOSing of one of our clusters the other week. The client fixed their retry
logic, but we still see the underlying error. Has anyone else run into this?