zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper Limitation
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:31:19 GMT
Yosef,
 There isnt a limit on the number of ZK node numbers directly. We do
have a limit on data calls to ZK. So in your case if you have too many
direct children of a single znode (say millions), the getChildren
calls return an error. I'd advise against having too many direct
chidlren for a znode. Bucketing the users might make sense for you if
you have too many users.

thanks
mahadev