zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper data backup
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:00:29 GMT
If you have the transaction log and the snapshot, you have a backup.

You might want to investigate using an observer or non-voting ZK instance as
a backup mechanism.  This would not upset your quorum since that machine
would not participate in leader elections or in getting a quorum for
commits.  It would give you very current backups.