zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper indexing
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:14:48 GMT
Yosef,

I really don't understand the question here.

What do you mean by node?  In the Zookeeper world, that can mean a computer
running a copy of Zookeeper or it can mean a data structure whose name is
normally a znode.

Which kind of node are you talking about?

Also, assuming you mean znode, which is something a little bit like a file,
there is no search in Zookeeper other than by name.  Zookeeper is not very
satisfactory as a content store because it requires that all data be kept in
memory at all times.

Can you say more about what you are trying to do?  There might be a good
answer, but I can't say what it is without knowing more about the goals.