zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper on two clusters?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:32:47 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Aleksey Yakovlev <
aleksey.yakovlev@gmail.com> wrote:

> My example with files sending is just one most evident example. My scripts
> need to talk to each other as well. For example, "I'm exiting with code 99,
> so all the guys waiting for me - please stop waiting - I'll revive with a
> new identity (which I don't know now) - please wait for a signal ABC and
> you
> will know"

So for this, you would have a process in data center 1 that maintains an
ephemeral znode in two ZK clusters.  One is in data center 1 and the other
is in data center 2.

Clients of this process would look at this ephemeral znode to determine the
current address of this process.  On partition or process failure, then the
correct ephemerals would disappear.