zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fast leader election initial delay, is that possible?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:36:52 GMT
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Sampath Perera <sampath@adroitlogic.com>wrote:

> Hhmmm, I think this is a bit different isn't it? Here we know that the
> first
> server to come will be failing to connect to the other as they are not yet
> up. Anyway our real issue is the warning.

We know that.

But how does the server know that it is the first server?  That is the whole
point of the leader election.  You might just have a server rejoining a
cluster.  Or you might have a cluster that has been turned off.  Or a
cluster with 2 out of 5 machines off and we tried to touch the other down
machine before the others.

> > Would you like to suggest a patch?
> >

> Of course I do.. will prepare a patch and attach.

Great!